Tango festival Dance Camp 5.-8.7.2023
The dance camp in Seinäjoki is full of joy, energy, laughter. The event is all about learning the traditional Finnish social dances with the best teachers and getting to know other dancers in a unique tango atmosphere.
Teaching is in Finnish
Most teachers and co-dancers speak English. So, if you ask, they can explain the most important things in English to you.
You don’t need a partner to attend the dance camp
Come alone, with a partner or with your friends. During teaching the dancing partners are changed regularly – you’ll learn more quickly and get to know your fellow dancers.
You may register in advance but this isn’t obligatory
Come when you choose and stay as long as you want. You can dance with us a couple of hours, a day or the whole four day marathon. Easy and flexible!
The Dancing Pass is sold in advance in our online shop tanssipuoti.fi (site is in Finnish). You can also register at the dance camp info in every course location when you arrive.
We offer courses in five levels
- Green | Beginners – No previous skills required. This is all about the basic steps.
- Green/Blue | Beginners-Intermediate – For those, who already know the basic steps and want to learn more about the basic technique.
- Blue | Intermediate – Choose this level, if you have practiced the dance longer and your basic steps and technique is fluent.
- Blue/Red | Intermediate-Advanced – For those, who can dance smoothly and also take into account the dance partners level.
- Red | Advanced – For those, who have deeper experience of the dance and is capable of improvising according the music.
Check the teaching schedule for times, places and levels. It’s in Finnish but the dances are almost the same in English.
We organize accommodation at the local school (Seinäjoen lukio). The rooms are classrooms so you have to bring your own mattress, bedlinen and towel. The accommodation is equipped with showers, fridge, microwave, coffee machine and electric kettle. Bring also your own coffee cup and other dishes you might need.
We warmly recommend the school accommodation! It’s great fun and you get to know other dancers easily! If you attend the whole camp you can buy your school accommodation online (tanssipuoti.fi – site is in Finnish). You can also register for school accommodation at the camp info when arriving. There is always room for everybody, don’t worry.
After the classes, you may enjoy the tango atmosphere at the House of Dance (Tanssitalo), tango street or concerts. Come also to check out the show times at the Street Stages (Katulava & Satumaalava).
The Finnish championships in tango are held on July 7th – you may come to compete with your partner or watch the competition, whatever you prefer. More detailed information in English is found at the competition page.